Friday, July 2, 2010

how i took control of my acne

so i thought i would tell ya'll how i took control of my acne, now first of all i know that everybody has different skin just like our personalities, but with these things that i've done i've noticed a improvement in my skin. 


#1 i always always always wash my face every morning and night. ESPECIALLY when i wear make up, but even when i will go days without wearing make up i still do. i didn't use to wash my face at night like i would wash my face when i would take my shower in the morning n if i was gonna just clean or hang around the house i wouldn't wash my face at night n i thought well if i'm not sweating or wearing make up why do i need to wash my face? well i buckled down n started washing my face every morning and night for a lil over 2 years give or take. and it has made such a huge difference.


#2 i use acnefree's clear skin treatment, acne& blackhead terminator 10 w/ time realse 10% benzoyl peroxide (which means it's gonna take a little while to get rid of the acne) 
so here's the deal with the difference between benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid is that benzoyl peroxide it a acne medication that is to help prevent acne and treat it salicylic acid is to help just treat it. 
now i would use salicylic acid as all different things face wash, moisturizer treatment, ect. and it would either burn or make me break out worse or do nothing. so i thought i would try benzoyl peroxide n it dosen't burn or make me break out, so this is a keeper.


#3 don't touch your face!
no i'm not saying to never touch your face duh i'm saying if you have a hughe zit that's bugging you and you just want to scrap it off. i'll tell you my story so on monday we was out shopping and i saw that i had a huge zit on my chin n it was a bad one n what's funny is i can't remember when the last time was that i had one like that.  so i really wanted to pop it really bad but i knew if i did i would regret it right away cuz i didn't have any cover up in my purse. so i just went on, then when we got home after a long day i washed my face with my regular face wash then exfolated then put on my treatment, and the next day you would have never guessed that i had a huge red zit on my face...well you could see that i had a zit but still, and 4 days later it's gone vs. if i would have poped it the spot would probably still be red. so yeah


#4 exfoliate 
exfoliate 2 times a week for those with reg skin, and those with sensitive skin 1 time a week (their is 2 types of sensitive skin, those who are allergic to fragrance(me) and those who can't handle scrubbing because it will turn them red ect.) anyway what i do is wash my face with my reg face was to get off my make up n stuff, then use my exfoliate to get off the dead skin and get into the pores and get all the buildup of dead skin n bactria off.


#5 i also started taking omega 3 fish oil supplements because i don't eat alot of fish and i read on the internet that if you take it it can help with you acne and hair and do all the stuff that fish does for you. some people who do take it though say that when they burp they can taste the fish n it dosent do that with me, but i guess it depends. but i have noticed a difference in my skin can't really say if it works or not because your suppose to take it 3 time a day and i forget to do that. 


#6 patience grasshopper

your acne is'nt going to be gone overnight just when you try a new product you have to give at least 6 weeks to see if a product is goin to work or not. if is making you break out worse like after the first time you try it don't use it! it;s not worth it even if you spend a bunch of money on it. you can take anything back. otherwise if it dosent do anything then you'll have to try something else.sorry



#7 be consistent
i wash my face every morning and night, and exfoliate 2xs a week and keep with that schedule and i have noticed a huge difference in my acne. i think that many people don't keep with that regime and expect to have perfect skin, but you won't have it you have to be disciplined and train yourself like a dog.


no i don't have a blemish free face my my acne is alot better than what it was, hopefully i will have a blemish free face in the future.

i hope that this has helped somebody i know i wrote alot but yeah i wrote alot....it's alot of info.haha

No comments:

Post a Comment