Rachel Ray's Chicken Pasta
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 cups shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken *We will usually buy raw chicken cuz it's cheaper.
* 1 cup frozen baby peas
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* Pinch cayenne pepper
* 12 ounces wagon wheels or other short pasta
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
* 1 tablespoon butter
*we also put in frozen spinach
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and heat through. Stir in the peas, broth, garlic and cayenne and simmer until the broth has reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the chicken. Stir in the 1/2 cup cheese and butter and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, if necessary, and serve with additional Parmesan.
we will also put mozzarella cheese in it when you put the butter in it, or you can put it in the pan before you're going to eat it and put the skillet lid or foil to melt the cheese.